EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
Team Vestre, headed by Jan Christian Vestre, has been nominated as the Norwegian Entrepreneur of the Year in the world’s greatest contest for promoters of growth.
Team Vestre and Jan Christian Vestre went all the way to the top in the national final of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year, which was held on Monday 2 December this year. The contest opened with about 4000 private limited companies, which were reduced to 51 regional candidates and finally 11 national finalists, who on 2 December competed for a place at next summer's world championships in promoting growth. This means that Vestre will be going to Monaco in summer 2020 specifically to represent Norway in the world championships in promoting growth.
The final contest will be judged by an independent jury, who compliment Vestre on the company's achievements: “Through creativity and thinking along different lines, the company has succeeded in combining a clear vision with uncompromising innovative design and quality. Thanks to sustainable and highly efficient production methods, they have shown that it is possible to succeed internationally with profitable production in Norway and Scandinavia, and the company shows great potential for further growth.” (EY).
- Vestre makes great efforts to grow in a way that will be sustainable in the long term. We do not cut corners, and we use considerable resources to achieve the desired quality and durability in our furniture. Our goal is to be recognized as the world's most sustainable manufacturers of furniture, says Jan Christian Vestre, CEO of Vestre.
Organized by EY
The auditing and consultant firm EY (formerly Ernst & Young) are the organizers of Entrepreneur of the Year. Nominations are made in more than fifty countries, and this time the final is to be held in Monaco in summer 2020.
- There are many highly competent entrepreneurs who promote growth in Norway. With the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award, we want to give them the recognition they deserve, says Ina K. Rosenberg, the partner responsible for the programme in Norway.
About EY Entrepreneur of the Year
- Every year, the EY Entrepreneur of the Year nominates Norway’s leading promoter of growth. The purpose of the programme is to highlight and honour those who contribute new ideas, invest capital and make personal efforts to create lasting value and workplaces.
- The EY Entrepreneur of the Year award is being organized for the 18th year in Norway, and for the 33rd time internationally.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year focuses on the creator of growth in the companies. To be nominated EY Entrepreneur of the Year, a person must have entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to operate profitably and sustainably, think innovatively, have international ambitions, and have personal integrity and influence. In addition, the person must have proprietary interest and a senior post in a company that shows good financial results and significant growth in turnover and workplaces.