- We supply four types of wood: pine, Kebony, oak and ash.
The choice of materials is a vital factor in ensuring that products are durable and can last for decade after decade. At Vestre, we use timber from one of the world’s most sustainable forestry sectors. Here you can learn more about the properties of the different types of wood we use, and each of their recommended areas of use.
- Vestre offers several recycled options. We use Hydro CIRCAL, among other things, as standard on our aluminium profiles, which consists of a minimum of 75 percent recycled aluminium. You can find more information on each individual product in their product sheet.
- Vestre offers flame-retardant wood for all our furniture. There are strict requirements for furniture in indoor public projects. Vestre has a collaboration with Woodsafe which offers innovative solutions using flame-retardant wood. Feel free to contact us for prices and more information about flame-retardant impregnation.
- Linax (royal oil) is oil impregnated in the Nordic pine for lasting protection against rot. In this article you can read more about wood, different properties and treatment.
- Linseed oil-impregnated Nordic pine and Kebony Clear undergo pre-treatment which gives a browner finish. These will both fade over time and acquire a silver-grey patina.
- Vestre offers furniture made from perforated steel and HPL as alternatives to wood. For more information about which products this applies to, you can visit the product page and filter by “Perforated”, for example. You can also contact one of our skilled salespeople to get help finding the perfect solution for your exact project.
- We offer anti-graffiti treatment on all steel parts—this is a pre-treatment that makes it easier to wash away graffiti. If the damage has already occurred, please contact your salesperson to solve the problem.
- At Vestre we use local raw materials of the highest quality, and we therefore don’t hesitate in offering leading guarantees on our products. All the furniture we produce comes with a lifetime guarantee against rust, and a 15-year guarantee on powder coatings and timber. We also offer spare parts with no time limits—if we do not have the parts needed to repair your damaged furniture, we will make them for you. If you want more information on our guarantees, you can find it here: Vestre Quality Programme.
- The Nordic Swan Ecolabel is the official ecolabel in the Nordic countries, and it corresponds to the EU Ecolabel, which is the official ecolabel in the EU. The Nordic Swan Ecolabel is one of the world’s strictest ecolabels, and it assesses the lifecycle of the entire product from raw materials to disposal and recycling. The requirements are dynamic, i.e. they will be tightened as new technology is developed. This encourages all those who have achieved the certification to take part in this development.
At Vestre, we have over 300 Nordic Swan Ecolabelled products. These are easy to find either by filtering by “Nordic Swan Ecolabeled furniture” on the product page or by looking for the green logo.
- EPD values for all our products can be found on each individual product sheet. These are available on our website for each product and are named “Product sheet”.
- We offer various solutions for anchoring: casting in the ground, base plate, wall mounting or free standing.
We often get asked about different anchoring methods and what solutions are most suitable. The boring answer is that there is no simple key to this. Choosing the right type of anchoring depends on how the area will be used, the type of base on which the furniture will stand and, last but not least, the condition of the ground underneath. We have therefore put together a simple guide to help you make the best choices for your project. Find it here.
- We strive to make things as easy as possible for our end customers when they receive their furniture. That’s why we deliver all our furniture partially assembled from the factory. As the furniture arrives flat packed, there is still some assembling to be done. You can find assembly instructions for each product here.
- You can find assembly instructions for each of our products here.
- We recommend cleaning standard linseed oil-impregnated pine once a year and oiling it every three to five years, depending on use and wear. It is also a good idea to check and tighten screws and bolts after a few weeks of use. All steel parts can be cleaned with a pressure washer, but strong chemicals may affect the surface.
- Kebony Clear is an environmentally friendly and patented wood treatment developed in Norway, which uses FSC®-certified Pinus radiata. The technology gives a unique wood material with high durability and an exclusive look, and it does not require anything other than normal cleaning to keep away surface dirt.
- Vestre operates with a standard production time of around four to five weeks. The furniture is then transported to the desired location. Note that transport time varies depending on location, as all furniture is sent from our factory in Magnor in Norway. Contact your salesperson for a quote and estimated delivery time.
- Transport costs are determined according to the amount of furniture and delivery location. Contact your salesperson for a full quote and shipping information.
- Vestre has factories in both Norway and Sweden. Combined this gives us control over more than 90 percent of the production ourselves, which allows us to get a good overview over everything from energy consumption to waste management. The steel factory in Sweden was designed by Norwegian architecture firm Snøhetta and opened in 2013. It is right on the border with Norway, more specifically in Torsby. Our newest factory, which is also the world’s most environmentally friendly furniture factory, opened in 2022 and was designed by the Danish architecture firm BIG. The Plus is located next to the Swedish border in Magnor in Norway. Click here to read more about The Plus.
- Vestre supplies 2D and 3D models of all our products. You can get access to Revit, BIM, DWG and SketchUp by registering a user via our website here—it’s completely free.
- We have several series that come with wheelchair accessible solutions. You can find these under our product page online, or you can contact your salesperson to get help finding the perfect solution for your exact project.
At Vestre we export around 70 percent of all the furniture we produce. A larger market also brings with it various sets of regulations and recommendations for universal design. We have reviewed these requirements and are now working on taking them into account through updates to existing furniture and in connection with the development of new furniture.
- All our products can be customised as necessary.
- All our products can be customised as necessary.
- We take design seriously. If you have questions about specific risk assessments/requirements in your market, please contact your salesperson.
- The distance between benches/chairs and tables may depend on the product type. A rule of thumb is that there should be a minimum of 5 centimetres from the edge of the table to the edge of the seat without the armrests, and 12–20 centimetres with the armrests. Contact your salesperson if you have any more questions.
Didn’t find what you're looking for? Send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll help you.